And today starts a new, non-weird, week. :)

24 Oct

It’s a new week, thank goodness!! Last week was…weird. I felt completely unbalanced all week, and it was Friday before I finally figured out why! I was getting sick. I was working extremely hard to fight it off, but lack of sleep and a busy schedule made it difficult to completely fight it off, unfortunately. I woke up Friday with a weird scratchy feeling in my throat and a foggy head. I pride myself on my strong immune system and ability to fight off most sicknesses, and I hate to ever admit I am sick, but this time I lost the fight.

Why was my week weird, you ask? It started with my being irritable…with everyone and everything, exhausted, and VERY emotional. I cried more times this week than I have in the past six months! And my tears were over ridiculous things: inability to collapse Baby H’s stroller to put in my car, iPhone update gone awry, trying to make a decision over whether to hike/camp in rain. Oh, and I didn’t cry over this, but Thursday morning, I got a call from my neighbor. She was driving by my house and noticed my front door was wide open! Apparently I forgot to close my door when I left my house…the previous night! Luckily, my cats were safe inside. Wow. So, if you were on the receiving end of my moodiness this week, I apologize and promise it is not a normal occurrence. 🙂

So, my irritability, exhaustion, and scatter brain were all because I was getting sick. We were supposed to go on an intense overnight backpacking trip Saturday night, and the weather didn’t look that great. I decided to do something I am not very used to doing: listen to my body telling me to REST, and cancel on plans I had made with several people. I just didn’t want to push myself. I only have 5 weeks left of training for the half marathon, and I just really don’t want to get more sick. So, as bad as I felt for cancelling (S was so excited, which made me sad for cancelling), I just had to. My body was screaming at me to rest. And rest, I did.

After working a 15 hour day Friday, I fell asleep at 1AM, and finally woke up and got out of bed…Saturday at 7PM!! I woke up a few times in between to pee, talk to S, etc, but quickly fell back to sleep. I slept for 18 hours, and really probably could have slept through the night! Obviously I needed that sleep, and I was SO glad I wasn’t up camping in the freezing cold and wet. So, I got up at 7, showered, and went to eat. We then came home, relaxed for a bit, and went back to sleep! I fell right to sleep, too. (I skipped my 3 mile run…sleep was more important). Note to self, and those close to me, sleep fixes me. And probably you, too! 🙂

Sunday, I woke up after about 8 1/2 hours sleep. I felt pretty good. Not 100%, but MUCH better. After watching the dumbest Seahawks game ever, S and I went out for a run. I was feeling achy and weak, but wanted to try to run. I was slow, sluggish, and weak during my run, and didn’t want to push myself, so I just ran slow, but I finished! I was definitely still not 100%, and the run took every last bit of my energy, but after sleeping Saturday completely away, it felt good to be outside.

The last part of our Sunday was spent at the pumpkin patch! We got some pumpkins! 🙂

I start week 8 of training this week. 10 mile run Sunday. New shoes came today…so excited to run in them!!

Yoga tonight. Time to get centered again.

Leave a comment

Posted by on October 24, 2011 in Happiness, Just for fun, Outdoor fun, Running, Yoga


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: