Tonight’s yoga class was my best one yet. I was apprehensive about going since I am still not feeling 100%, but I am SO glad I went. I felt amazing: no dizziness, no nausea, no need for water, no need for rest, AND the room was really, really hot! I have had such an emotionally draining week, that I suppose tonight’s class was just what I needed.
I didn’t feel like a beginner tonight at all!
1. In Eagle Pose, , I sat down the lowest yet. My leg was parallel to the floor!
2. In Standing Head to Knee Pose, , I was actually able to kick my leg out and hold it for a few seconds. (this made the next pose, Standing Bow Pulling pose, , a lot more challenging because my legs were tired).
3. In Standing Separate Leg Head to Knee pose, , I was able to straighten both legs!
4. In Toe Stand pose, , when I was balancing on my right foot, I was able to bring both my hands up and balance the entire time!
5. In Fixed Firm pose, , I was able to sit my butt on the floor, and I attempted to lie back. It was only for a second (my lower back really hurt), but I haven’t been able to go all the way back at all!
6. In Camel Pose, , I pushed my hips forward further than I have ever done!
7. In Head to Knee Pose with Stretching pose, , I straightened my left leg completely, pulled my foot back and lifted my leg off the floor while both elbows were on the floor!
It was awesome to see the improvement tonight, and to feel so physically good, too. 🙂 I am excited and happy that I enjoy yoga so much and that it is such an important part of my life now. It is definitely going to help me in the difficult months that lie ahead. There are a lot of changes going on in my life: some new beginnings, and some losses. In the meantime, I will keep progressing in yoga, and continue to heal my mind, body, and my heart.