I didn’t want to get out of bed this morning. I felt hungover (yet I don’t drink). I did have 2 non-alcoholic beers last night, and I seriously thought either maybe they were real beers or I was hungover from the less than 0.5% alcohol. I felt guilty…like I cheated. 😦 I then started coughing. Hmm…maybe I was just sick? I got out of bed and forced myself to go running, thinking it would snap me out of it. I felt a little better after. Really tired and run down, but a little better.
So, Day 2 consisted of:
1. 4 mile run along the beach
2. Walk to Starbucks
3. After shower, we went to Manhattan Beach to meet Gwen for lunch at Le Pain Quotidien (Everyday Bread) http://www.lepainquotidien.com/ It was a darling restaurant with really good food/breads. We ordered a tuna melt, and a hummus platter, which was plenty for us.
4. After lunch we went to visit Annie’s friend Laura and her baby Marissa, who I have been dying to meet. They were both napping when we got there, so we didn’t see them. 😦
5. We relaxed, then headed to dinner in Brentwood at Katsuya http://www.sbe.com/katsuya/ I was feeling a little under the weather, but the meal seemed to cure my sickness. It was AMAZING!! We ordered: edamame, salmon sashimi, crispy rice with spicy tuna, seared tuna with japanese salsa, spicy albocore sashimi with crispy onion, miso marinated black cod (YUM), scallop roll, and we saved the best for last…crab and mozarella cheese tempura (this was incredible!). This was the best meal yet. After dinner we headed to Menchie’s frozen yogurt. http://www.menchies.com/ It’s self serve, add your own toppings. I went overboard. Mine was $7.00. I had vanilla and cookies & cream yogurt, with a waffle cone. For my toppings, I added: cookie dough bits, brownies, strawberries, gummi bears, and graham cracker crumbles. I ate it all. 🙂
6. After dinner, Annie and I watched The Holiday. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457939/ I hadn’t seen it yet. Yes, I know it’s been out for a while. It was good. I got extremely choked up during the scene in the tent; it was beautiful.
I went to bed after this movie, with a feeling of sadness. 😦 It’s okay, though. One more full day of vacation tomorrow…